[Healeys] Conventry Climax

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Sun Nov 26 19:46:47 MST 2017

Hello

The story about the FPF engine fitted to the Healey Boat is also mentioned
in DMH's book 'My World of Cars'. Yes the engine was rebuilt and sent out to
a customer in Australia.

There were a couple of Sprites in this country with Climax FWA engines and
when I bought my first Austin-Healey 100 back in 1972 I had the choice
between it for $1,275 and a Climax powered Turner for $1,500. I couldn't
afford the Turner so bought the 100. Often wonder what would have happened
if I bought the Turner. Probably be more impecunious than I am now.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia