[Healeys] Fwd: Goldie goes on sale for record estimate.

HealeyRick healeyrik at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 17:21:38 MST 2017

You have to admit it served its purpose, though, to attract attention to
the Healey stand at Earls Court.  It seemed to have been influenced by Lady
Docker's Daimler limo "Golden Zebra" https://en.wikipedia.
org/wiki/Docker_Daimlers.  I saw this quote on Hemmings a few years ago
from a woman professing to be a former owner of Goldie that  I find
interesting :

"I dug out a photo and the registration is the car shown above.The
information I have is based on the fellow who showed up at our Pub with a
picture of the car in 1966/67 It was for sale and had been previously owned
by Diana Dors, on the bonnet of the car when I had it was a gold horse &
jockey which had been a gift to Diana from Lady Docker, I used the car
every day & loved every minute of it. Unfortunately in 69ish the car was
put in a garage in Reading on a SOR basis….. it sold, but the garage owner
did a flit with the proceeds… I would love to know where it went from
there…."  https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2013/03/06/
goldie-going-gone-one-off-austin-healey-show-car-offered-at-worldwide/

    I don't know if this story is a complete fabrication, but there's
something absolutely delicious about considering Ms. Dors (aka Britain's
Marilyn Monroe) driving around in Goldie with a tasteless hood ornament
gifted from the "colourful" Lady Docker.  I've tried to find confirmation
of the story but have had no luck.

     You also have to credit Bruce and Inan for the incredible work in
restoring Goldie and preserving this bit of Healey history.  It really does
belong in the Healey Museum.

Rick Neville