[Healeys] Pertronix question

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Fri Nov 3 08:00:55 MDT 2017

I am baffled by the criticism of Pertronix!
I have had a Pertronix for about 10 years in my BJ8. It has been flawless. In addition, I know of at least 6 local club members who have used Pertronix with out any issues for even longer.(Except when they inadvertently reverse the polarity & fry them.) Two of us have also used Pertronix in our vintage race cars with out any issues.
If you use the stock type distributor cap (I.E. side entry with pointed screws inside to secure the individual plug wires) you need to use solid copper/steel core wires. Regardless of whether you use a Pertronix  or points.
Gary Hodson