[Healeys] 100 Windshield Assembly

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu May 25 22:28:24 MDT 2017

IIRC, the discussion about 'too thick' rubber was for the U-channel
seal, but I may not RC.  The glazing rubber we got from Moss years ago
seemed to be the correct thickness.  I don't recall using a mallet or
much force at all, nor do I recall using any lubrication, but it was a
long time ago.

Did you get the Triplex windshield, or the cheaper one?  There may be
some issues with thickness between the two.  We were able to reuse the
windshield that came with the car--I spent a day polishing out wiper
scratches--and AFAIK it was original, or an OEM replacement.

Bob