[Healeys] Battery charging voltage

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat May 20 15:31:44 MDT 2017

After a second battery failure requiring pulling the tank, flushing the
boot with baking soda solution, rinsing, drying and reinstalling I
sprung for a sealed AGM battery (X2Power).  I also have a new voltage
regulator purchased from the rebuilder of my generator and starter.
What is the List Wisdom on proper charging voltage?  My DVM shows 14.67V
at a fast (2,000RPM) idle.  My research shows this is usually
acceptable, though some sites say a little less.   Some sites say up to
14.7V for AGM, a couple say 14.8.

Thoughts?

Bob