[Healeys] BJ8 timing, gap, plugs

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Fri May 12 04:52:02 MDT 2017

BP6?  I was always told to use BP5ES a cooler plug as I understand it.

---- Bob Spidell <bspidell at comcast.net> wrote:

Which plugs?                I use Champion RN12YC; others have good
results with NGK BP6ES

What gap?                     0.025" is nominal, you can go a couple
thou more with a Pertronix (I use 0.028")

What timing? 15degBTDC @ 600RPM with the vacuum advance disconnected and
plugged at the carburettor (you'll need an advance meter as there is
only the TDC mark on the balancer)