[Healeys] VHT primer and paint

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Tue Mar 14 09:48:17 MDT 2017

I installed a new stainless steel exhaust system in my BJ8 in 1986 and painted it before installation with Plasti-Kote Universal #203 Black engine paint.  No need to repaint since then.  I painted only the pipes and mufflers, not the exhaust manifold.  I did not use a separate primer.

Recently I repainted the engine in my MG Midget with VHT gray engine primer and black topcoat because that was what is available now locally, but I have not yet reinstalled the engine so I can't comment on its durability.  The can says it is good to 550 deg. F (288 C).

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large