[Healeys] Pump 'Cover'

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Mar 10 08:43:28 MST 2017

It is actually the cover nr. 72, the earlier shape instead of the later
rubber strip that sits between the clamp and the pump body. It is to
isolate the pump from the car body to reduce noise. I imagine they
replaced the cover to avoid overheating of the pump.
The sleeve nr. 70 is a thin rubber ring that is a seal between the pumps
coil housing and the Bakelite cover for the points mechanism. I cut the
rings from fat bicycle inner tires. When I first looked at the picture
(to) quickly I assumed it was the later rubber strip nr.70 as I did not
read the explanatory text below the picture.

Kees Oudesluijs