[Healeys] Trans oil foaming

Roger Grace roggrace at telus.net
Wed Mar 8 09:16:55 MST 2017

Now heard back from Castrol/BP.
Their response is that they do not recommend the use of their non-detergent 30 oil in manual transmissions.

Castrol does not recommend our Non-Detergent 30 oil for manual transmission applications, and we believe the foaming was likely caused by some type of contamination, perhaps water in the transmission.
Unfortunately Castrol does not offer a manual transmission fluid product in Canada or the US.

This phenomenon is still a mystery to me as there certainly was no water in the transmission as had drained it 2x before noticing the foaming.

rg