[Healeys] Cleaning Oil Pressure Gauge

Robert F. Begani RFBegani at speakeasy.net
Fri Jul 21 07:42:18 MDT 2017

Thanks to all for your comments.  I will try to clean the gauge very
carefully.  Let you know in the fall how it goes.  And, I will look for the
leather washer when I take it of the pipe.  Fortunately, the oil pressure
showed 20 psi before rebuilding.

The machinist who did the work on the engine was impressed that it was is
such good condition. However he said in 10-15,000 miles it would have
required a rebuild.  Then he mentioned you must have changed your oil often.
I mentioned zinc additive and he agreed, it helps.

Bob Begani

BJ8 '67