[Healeys] Vernier timing gears

Wayne waschu2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 09:43:03 MDT 2017

Hello,

           I am getting back to my Healey 3000 engine rebuild after two
years.  I bought the Roller master vernier timing gear set from Moss at
that time.  I have previously used the Roller Master gear set with
multiple key ways to adjust the cam timing with no problems on other
rebuilds. What I don't like about this set is that the cap screws used
to clamp the vernier gear to the hub are not very robust. Working in
aviation I have AN-4 bolts that I can replace the cap screws with and
safety wire them to prevent slippage.  Has anyone using this kit had
problems?  I could keep the cap screws and Loctite them. This is a
street car, not a race car. Pictures are one bolt installed and the
hardware side by side.

Wayne