[Healeys] carb hose BJ8

Fred Wescoe fredwescoe at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 11:36:46 MDT 2017

Michael,

I agree with Bob on his comment.  I just completed this on my car and the
correct and easy way is to undo both banjo bolts.  Leave everything else in
place.  This gives you great accessibility to the hose you need to
replace.  Be sure to keep control of the banjo bolt washers and as Bob
mentioned, the mesh screen/spring.

Another easy thing to do is loosen the bolts on the top of the float
chambers.  This will allow some movement of the tops and makes it easier to
align the banjo bolt threads during reassembly.  Be sure to tighten the
float bowl bolts after tightening the banjo bolts.  Be sure to tighten the
hose clamps when you are finished.

Just make sure everything is tightened up before you start the car.  The
overflow pipes are directly above the exhaust pipes.

Fred
66BJ8
63BJ7 deceased