[Healeys] Correct Jack for a 54 BN1

Curtis Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 21:32:18 MST 2017

Simon,

There is a great Supplement in the Concours Guidelines that deals
specifically with AH tool kits and all of the jacks for the 100s (there
were four of them).  Shameless Concours Guidelines plug!  The new 2017
version just came out.

The most common jack used in mid to late '54 was the *Shelley model LJ 23*
dated *54* or 55.

This is the jack in my Jan '55 BN1.  I know of cars from around body no.
4000 (May-Jun 54) on that had this as their original jack.  This jack was
used through about Jul. '55 and was superseded by the King Dick B 1077 and
then the Shelley LJ 21 jacks in '55 onward.

Cheers,

Curt Arndt
Chairman-Austin Healey Concours Registry

[image: Inline image 1]