[Healeys] SU carb reamer needed

Austin Healeys List austinhealeyslist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 14:05:50 MST 2017

An m9 x 0.75mm tap threads nicely into the brass bush and with a bit
of heat from a blowtorch and a some hammering on a pin punch from the
other side, the bushing will come right out. The brass bushings are
ridged around the outside and just require a cleanup lick in the bore
with a 3/8 reamer before installing the DU bushings. The secret to
getting the reaming aligned is to use a 3/8 reamer backwards with the
handle section piloted in the opposite side hole.

I can't believe people charge $500 per carb to have this done when it
only requires some basic hand tools.

Andy.