[Healeys] Emergency Brake Handle

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sun Jan 15 16:35:36 MST 2017

I am trying to take my BN2 emergency brake handle apart for chrome plating.  The only problem I am having is the push button on the end of the actuating rod.  I see a pin holding it in place and I am having a bit*h of a time driving the pin out.  Is the pin tapered?  Does it only drive out one way or could it just be corroded in place?  The button rocks back and forth so it is not stick where it passes through the actuating rod.  I am ready to just clamp it in the vice and just start whacking away with the hammer and punch.  Heat help?Mike MacLean