[Healeys] FW: BN4 - 100/6 front suspension

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 14 11:13:37 MST 2017

Les,

By the installed height of the springs, I meant from upper spring perch
to lower spring perch.  Are the springs compressed the same amount?

The front suspension a-arms - The a-arms go from the kingpin, spring
perch to the frame.  The metastatic bushings at the frame can bind and
the a-arms won't move through their full range of travel.  As you have
the springs out, you can see how easy each side moves up and down. Do
the lower arms move freely?  Do the upper a-arms (shocks) move without
any binding?

Normally when assembling the front suspension folks don't tighten up the
castellated nuts (and install the cotter pins) until the car is sitting
on the ground with the engine in it.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 MkI registrar