[Healeys] Belleville washers in BN2 steering box

Olin Brimberry obrimberry at hunterbane.com
Tue Jan 10 15:14:59 MST 2017

Bob,

I figured height of the spring was also important, so I put 2 together and measured the height with calipers
Height of 2 washers: 0.100 inches
Height of 1 washer: 0.050 inches
Thickness of washer: 0.025 inches
Checking the previous diameter dimensions with a caliper, I get:

ID: 1.057 inches
OD: 1.5 inches

I suspect that the ID is originally spec'd to be 1-1/16" but because of the slight "spring", the diameter is slightly less.  Good luck

Olin K. Brimberry, PE
Principal Engineer
obrimberry at hunterbane.com
Office - 919.803.4274