[Healeys] Non Healey - travel from US to Canada

John Rowe jarowe at westnet.com.au
Sun Jan 8 21:17:26 MST 2017

Hi All

I'm looking for some worldly wisdom about travel from the US to Canada.

I am part of the Formula Junior world tour to celebrate the 60th
Anniversary in 2018 and have my Lotus 18 in a container with 8 other FJs
from WesternAustralia.

The trip started in Perth in October 2016 and has already been to
Melbourne and Sydney and is now in the north island of New Zealand.
There are two race meetings in the north island and 3 more following in
the south island.

The container then heads for New York for at least 3 race meetings in
June 2017 at Indianapolis, Mosport and Mid Ohio.

Now the big question I  have is what is the best way to transport 9 race
cars around the mid US and Canada.

We are looking at the possibility of trucking the container to each
track in turn and hiring a crane to unload and load the container at
the  track. I should mention here that there will be at least 4 extra
containers carrying UK and NZ cars doing the same thing.

Our personal travel is another big issue. Most couples are looking at
the hired RV route but the major problem is that the hired RVs cannot go
into Canada from the US.

If any one has any other ideas please share them.

Kind regards

John Rowe
Perth
3000Mk 1