[Healeys] BN6 Overdrive

Neil McDonald nmcd10 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 10:14:32 MST 2017

Well this is all a great OD education, so let me ask another question.

Michael Salter said "If the accumulator was leaking badly enough to prevent the overdrive from engaging you would never see 390 p.s.i. if you are testing at the operating valve plug with the ball and spring in position".

My pressure testing rig is based on an old Del Border suggestion of connecting the pressure gauge through a hole in a spare operating valve plug. I can not recall whether I tested with the ball and spring in position or not.

I suspect that they were both out. Would this invalidate my results?
Neil McDonald

Email: nmcd10 at gmail.com