[Healeys] Lempert Gears

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Feb 22 21:26:34 MST 2017

The odometer and trip meter gears are driven by a worm gear driven
directly by the speedo cable.   These have to be changed if the diff
ratio is changed (well, if you want the odometer and trip meter to be
accurate).  These gears are known to crack and can produce a speed
indicator that 'jumps' in proportion to speed.

Thanks for the info on the speed indicator adjustment; always wondered
how that was done.  I thought they might change the 'watch' spring that
resists the magnets.

Bob