[Healeys] Color Guide

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 12 20:51:58 MST 2017

Jim:

Are you aware that Don Pikovnik rematched 2 colours shortly after the book
came out - Primrose yellow, and Old English White.  He sent revised pages to
those he could track down - I have the book, and the modified page. The OEW
sample is not that much different, but it is definitely noticeable.  I have
one of the original BJ8 hardtops still painted in it's original OEW paint,
and the modified sample is  pretty much a perfect match, while the original
sample in the book is a tad off.  It might make a difference to your friend.

I would think that with modern paint systems technology, a competent auto
paint shop would be able to match a colour sample accurately with their
'cameras' - with a white, it shouldn't be a problem.  When I painted my
Golden Beige Metallic BJ8 a while ago, we elected to go with the paint
manufacturers formula for the colour.  Not sure that it is a perfect match
for the original colour, but seeing as how it's a tough metallic colour to
deal with, at least there's a better chance of a match if the paint is ever
damaged in the future.

Let me know if you need a scan of the rematch card - for the explanation of
the whole thing - not the colour.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb