[Healeys] Static Timing a Pertronix Ignitor

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 14:32:59 MST 2017

I am probably showing my ignorance on ignition theory but I have never
understood the concern with static timing versus dynamic (total) timing
when the car is running.  Since the amount of centrifugal advance is not
adjustable why am I concerned with what the initial static timing is?

So long as the distributor is oriented correctly and I am in the
ballpark--usually verified by the engine's starting--all I do is set total
timing at 3000 rpms's.

If I am missing something I would appreciate learning what that is.

Best--Michael Oritt