[Healeys] Off comes the head...Update

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 02:09:34 MST 2017

That's great news Bruce!
We have a process over here called redistrip.
They have 3 separate processes.
Cast iron - It's awesome for blocks and heads. Removed everything that isn't cast iron. No crap left. Only cast iron.
They also have a process for aluminum.
Only leaves aluminum - they did my shrouds.
And one for steel. They did my guards/ bonnet etc. no paint, no bog, no filler.
Their cast iron process has no equal.
Glad you caught the issue before it cost you an engine.
You now have 2 options in my book.
Paint the oil side inside the block with red lead primer like the factory did. That's what I did, also inside my gearbox.
Or get the block epoxy vacuum injected.
Epoxy vacuum injection is what most manufacturers do to high pressure alloy castings.
Basically, they put your totally cleaned block or head or whatever into a vacuum tank, then put in a bath of 2 pack epoxy, evacuate all air, and the 2 pack is sucked into every microscopic air hole.
Never leaks.
Google the processes.
Best
Chris