[Healeys] Carb shafts

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 10:19:53 MST 2017

All--

Some time back I posted about possibly needing to ream out the carb bodies
and put in oversized shafts.

Due to the fine weather here in the mid-Atlantic I did not get around to
removing the carburetors until yesterday when snow was forecast--and
naturally did not happen.

In any case I disassembled everything this morning and--as many of you
predicted--the wear appears to be confined solely to the sections of the
shafts that pass through the carb bodies. There is a noticeable difference
in feel when I partially withdraw the shafts so they bear on the
non-bearing ends and so I am sure that standard shafts will do the trick.

Thanks as always for the good advice.

Best--Michael Oritt