[Healeys] reverse light switch

Larry Wendland bighealey3k at aim.com
Fri Dec 29 12:11:35 MST 2017

I installed a switch for reverse lights on my '67 BJ8 as you have described using a larger momentary switch that spanned the distance to the actuation block. Unfortunately the switch I used is from a B727 lower cargo door lock mechanism. I don't know of a source for such a switch, I'm retired from the aviation industry. I suggest you look for any momentary plunger pushbutton switch that would span the distance in order to work. I too considered using an overdrive switch but saw that it was too short to reach the actuation block. The switch I used has a longer plunger and threaded neck. I hope this helps and it can be done.

Larry
'67 BJ8