[Healeys] BN1/2 carburettor Service Parts List.

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 13:22:18 MST 2017

Thanks for that Rod,

Unfortunately it isn't a lot of help ... The problem is that they provide a
number for the lid AEU999 the number in the BMC factory parts book is 7H351
and for the nuts for the lid 7H1680. I have quite a collection of SU parts
but unfortunately they are identified with SU numbers but because I don't
have an SU parts list I really don't know what to use!
I could just copy what I used on my on car but again I'm nt completely sure
that what I have is absolutely correct.
The Limora site https://www.limora.com/en/british-cars/austin-healey/
austin-healey-bn1-to-bj8-1952-1968/carburetor-and-air-
filter/su-h4-and-h6-internal-carburettor-bn1-and-bn2-bn4-to-48862.html
seems to have the best information but unfortunately they use their own
numbers and the diagram is not a lot of help in identifying exactly what
the parts are like. i.e. What is a "Plain washer" is it steel, fiber, or
what? I certainly have no recollection of ever seeing a steel washer under
the nut.
And then is the nut brass? I ordered a pair from a well known source and
they are plated steel ... My car has brass .... I have lots of brass
versions but again don't really know which of the 4 different lengths of
stem to use..

The original list would hopefully help in selecting the correct parts.