[Healeys] Shims

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Mon Aug 21 04:48:49 MDT 2017

Hi,

With reference to front wheel bearing shims, I shall be replacing the
bearings in my MkII's front RHS when winter has set in. (Won't be long!)

Anyhow, I've half a pack of unused shims left and there will be others in
the hub. Is there any reason why I can't reuse some/all of the old ones &/or
mix and match them with some of the new ones?

As I see it, we use the shims to get the correct end float so, provided the
shims' metallurgy(?) was correct in the first place, the old one will still
be good to go??? They're only somewhat technical packing pieces???

As ever, I stand ready to be corrected.

Simon