[Healeys] Making wheel bearing shims

Harold Manifold manifold at telus.net
Sun Aug 20 12:09:14 MDT 2017

Hello,

I am in the process of restoring a Mark 1 BT7. I have what appears to be
original BMC shims and replacements I recently purchased from AH Spares.
These are the dimensions:

AH Spares    22.4mm x 30.2mm (0.882" x 1.189")
BMC            22.7mm x 32.3mm (0.894" x 1.272")

Unless you are a Metallurgist I would not suggest making shims. Matching the
dimensions is easy, matching the tensile strength, wear performance and
steel chemistry is hard.

I trust this helps,

Harold

  _____