[Healeys] antifreeze

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Aug 19 16:01:44 MDT 2017

I'd stick with green stuff (Prestone, Zerex, etc.).  Have heard of problems mixing different types/colors, up to and including gelling of the liquids.  If you were to install, you'd probably want to flush all evidence of any earlier type of AF before changing to a different type.  Some AFs are for iron blocks, some for aluminum and some--like Prestone--say 'for all engine types.'   Plus, green AF is available pretty much everywhere, and MB stuff may possibly only be sold by dealers and requires payment of your first-born.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA