[Healeys] Carb Adjustment Help Requested - BJ8 MkIII

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Aug 14 10:01:23 MDT 2017

Where did you set the needles in the vacuum pistons?

BOTTOM GROOVE ON NEEDLE JUST ABOVE BOTTOM OF PISTON (SO YOU CAN'T SEE THE
GROOVE).

 >>> I think this may be the problem.  I don't have my SU books handy,
but IIRC you should set the top of the groove level with the bottom of
the piston.  I remember doing just this and it made a difference, esp.
at idle.

ON THE JAGS, I SWITCHED TO A 35 GAP WITH THE SPORTS COIL OVER A 25 GAP AS
THIS SEEMED TO BE THE RECOMMENDED APPROACH.  DO YOU THINK A LARGER GAP WOULD
HELP?

 >>> I'd try a little smaller gap, just to see.  Also, if you have the
original coil and it was working, I'd slap it back in.

Bob