[Healeys] Carb Adjustment Help Requested - BJ8 MkIII

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Mon Aug 14 07:33:54 MDT 2017

Dave, I'm not the one having the problem and asking the question; but I was responding to your statement that the timing is set to 6° @ 750 RPM, which does not agree with what is published in the BMC workshop manual for the Mk III engine (see attached).  My Glenn's AUSTIN AUSTIN-HEALEY REPAIR AND TUNEUP GUIDE (copyright 1965, and also says CHILTON 1432 on the spine) gives the same numbers as the BMC manual.  I do understand what you mean about the advance (I have a Mallory Dual-Point distributor with mechanical advance only), but questioned where your numbers came from.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large