[Healeys] Russ Thompson

Charlie Baldwin mgcharlie at comcast.net
Wed Aug 9 05:44:05 MDT 2017

Mike,

You have probably stepped in it by getting an oil discussion started again.

But to answer your question without adding my opinion to it, I believe
that when someone on the list contacted Red Line, they recommended
MT-90, which from memory is 40 wt.  Check Red Line's website:
https://www.redlineoil.com/Products.aspx?pcid=7

They make a good argument for using a gear rated oil in a transmission
as Harold also outlines below.  As he mentions and we have discussed
previously, it seems that the synthetic transmission oils do leak a bit
more.

Charlie