[Healeys] Wheel Spinners

Roger Grace roggrace at telus.net
Tue Aug 8 19:05:19 MDT 2017

On my BJ8 with new MWS 72 spoke WW and hubs I find that the wheels are over tightening themselves particularly the front.
Have read the Rudge Whitworth self tightening info. but still not happy.
When I fit the wheels I tighten by hand then do a light couple of taps with my lead mallet.
After but a few miles I find that I have to really slog the spinners just to get them to move - the ol’ girl shakes all over.
It really is excessive and fear one day wont be able to get them to move at all – particularly on roadside.
What gives ?
Anyone else encountered this issue ?
rg