[Healeys] Head Re-torque

Mirek Sharp m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 7 19:06:43 MDT 2017

Sorry, but you can't torque with a crow's-foot extension, as it acts a
lever and will convey a different torque to that shown on your wrench.
Theoretically, you could do the math and figure out the effect of the lever,
but it would never be as accurate.  I prefer, wherever possible, to have the
socket right on the torque wrench to minimize any effect of extensions, etc.
That said, I am being overly fussy, as for most applications, being a few
lb/ft either way won't matter, getting them even is probably more important.

Mirek