[Healeys] Tyre Pressures

Keith Pennell llennep at verizon.net
Mon Aug 7 07:56:51 MDT 2017

Uh 101 kPa and 14.7 psi

-----Original Message-----
From: Harold Manifold <manifold at telus.net>
To: 'Bob Spidell' <bspidell at comcast.net>; healeys <healeys at autox.team.net>
Sent: Sun, Aug 6, 2017 9:56 pm
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tyre Pressures

1 Bar = 100 kPa = 14.5 psi

Harold

From: Healeys [mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Bob Spidell
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2017 3:56 PM
To: healeys at autox.team.net

What's all this 'bar' stuff?  That how many bars you can hit before you have to check your tyre pressure?
Us Yankees want to know kilopascals ;)
Bob

On 8/6/2017 7:28 AM, Oudesluys wrote:

Just returned from the Italian/French   mountain passes. Loads of fun, even with a fully laden Kia Rio I was   repatriating, also thanks to the climate control on board. If you are   returning during the weekend I strongly advise you to avoid the Toll roads and   Motorways, they may be very crowded and slow, are expensive, very, very boring   and the services and meals are lousy.
Tap in "avoid motor ways and/or toll   roads" on your (up to date!!!!) GPS or smart phone and enjoy the really   excellent secondary and smaller roads. It will take a bit longer but is so   more pleasant with nice places to see, many excellent small restaurants,   hotels on the way, plenty of arm muscle exercise and the petrol is way   cheaper. Just be aware that petrol is mainly sold along the road near the   larger towns and at the hyper markets e.g. Intermarché, very well indicated   beforehand often near industrial estates. Do carry a 10 litre jerrycan with   petrol, just in case.
Tyre pressure also depends on temperature, I had over   40ºC with tarmac melting. I would settle for around 2bar for this size of tyre   in general.

Kees Oudesluijs