[Healeys] Tyre Pressures

John Rowe john at jtkarowe.com.au
Sun Aug 6 20:08:48 MDT 2017

What happened to the proper stuff—psi?

John Rowe

Qld Aust

From: Healeys [mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Bob
Spidell
Sent: Monday, 7 August 2017 8:56 AM
To: healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tyre Pressures

What's all this 'bar' stuff?  That how many bars you can hit before you have
to check your tyre pressure?

Us Yankees want to know kilopascals ;)

Bob

On 8/6/2017 7:28 AM, Oudesluys wrote:

Just returned from the Italian/French mountain passes. Loads of fun, even
with a fully laden Kia Rio I was repatriating, also thanks to the climate
control on board. If you are returning during the weekend I strongly advise
you to avoid the Toll roads and Motorways, they may be very crowded and
slow, are expensive, very, very boring and the services and meals are lousy.
Tap in "avoid motor ways and/or toll roads" on your (up to date!!!!) GPS or
smart phone and enjoy the really excellent secondary and smaller roads. It
will take a bit longer but is so more pleasant with nice places to see, many
excellent small restaurants, hotels on the way, plenty of arm muscle
exercise and the petrol is way cheaper. Just be aware that petrol is mainly
sold along the road near the larger towns and at the hyper markets e.g.
Intermarché, very well indicated beforehand often near industrial estates.
Do carry a 10 litre jerrycan with petrol, just in case.
Tyre pressure also depends on temperature, I had over 40ºC with tarmac
melting. I would settle for around 2bar for this size of tyre in general.

Kees Oudesluijs