[Healeys] Tyre Pressures

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sun Aug 6 08:28:50 MDT 2017

Just returned from the Italian/French mountain passes. Loads of fun,
even with a fully laden Kia Rio I was repatriating, also thanks to the
climate control on board. If you are returning during the weekend I
strongly advise you to avoid the Toll roads and Motorways, they may be
very crowded and slow, are expensive, very, very boring and the services
and meals are lousy.
Tap in "avoid motor ways and/or toll roads" on your (up to date!!!!) GPS
or smart phone and enjoy the really excellent secondary and smaller
roads. It will take a bit longer but is so more pleasant with nice
places to see, many excellent small restaurants, hotels on the way,
plenty of arm muscle exercise and the petrol is way cheaper. Just be
aware that petrol is mainly sold along the road near the larger towns
and at the hyper markets e.g. Intermarché, very well indicated
beforehand often near industrial estates. Do carry a 10 litre jerrycan
with petrol, just in case.
Tyre pressure also depends on temperature, I had over 40ºC with tarmac
melting. I would settle for around 2bar for this size of tyre in general.

Kees Oudesluijs