[Healeys] Replacing Hypoid Axle Grease Seal

Chris Dimmock [Healey] austin.healey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 18:18:23 MDT 2017

Hi Dan,
If you have a spare axle, put it on the hub "backwards" so the axle shaft
sticks out, put a small block of wood on the end of the axle tube (to
protect it and start the bearing moving) and put the nuts back on the wheel
studs and use it as a puller. With the evenly spaced wheel studs, you can
pull the hub off evenly.
Don't use those tiny brake drum locators.
And if one of your mates breaks an axle, keep the hub end flange for this
job, especially if you have a narrow garage. :-)
Best
Chris