[Healeys] Spring - BJ8 Gearbox

Jean Caron vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 25 09:33:15 MDT 2017

Has anyone replaced the gear shifter retaining spring lately on a center shift 4 speed gearbox. I am replacing one now with a new spring and I am having a difficult time with it. I have replaced several in the past but cannot remember having such difficulty with it. It seems that the last "ring" of the spring is too large and it does not want to go in its place to fit the washer. Consequently I cannot even think of fitting the circlip into its groove.

Jean