[Healeys] Aluminum Gas Tank

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Apr 10 08:43:06 MDT 2017

My immediate response would have been 'yes,' as I've sealed two new
(steel) tanks with no negative results (one's been sealed for at least
20 years).  However, Hirsch's own FAQ says 'SEALER SHOULD ONLY BE USED
AS A LAST RESORT'  (the whole doc is in caps).  So, if a company that
has a vested interest in selling sealer doesn't recommend it, I wouldn't
do it again, esp. with an Al tank, which should be more impervious to
rusting (I believe Al forms a thin oxide layer on its surface anyway).

http://www.hirschauto.com/sealer.pdf

Bob