[Healeys] Trip to UK

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sun Apr 2 05:15:34 MDT 2017

Op 2-4-2017 om 12:43 schreef Simon Lachlan:
> Don’t go into the Visitor’s Centre at the Causeway. It’s a racket
> whereby they basically charge you £6:00 each (Thereabouts) to walk
> through a touristy junk shop. Entrance to the actual Causeway is free.
> Walk around/over the Visitor’s Centre. The latter is such an
> offensively ugly building that the locals call it the Fuhrer Bunker.
> Have lunch/pint in the Causeway Hotel, right there near the Visitor’s
> Centre. When you drive up to the place, tell the parking attendants
> that you’re eating in the hotel. Fight your way past the parking
> attendant cretins and get free parking by the hotel.

Simon,

I fully agree to that. However some money has to be earned to keep the
place going and the paths maintained.

Still I would keep to the original route of the WAW though with its
narrow roads if you are not in a hurry. It is generally well indicated
and leads you through unexpected very picturesque places. The bigger
main roads are not my cup of tea. We have done the route from Kinsale to
Donegal. The West-Cork part during the last 40 years as my wife is from
Cork, and last year from Kilkenny to Donegal. Perhaps this year we may
complete the trip to the end in Londonderry and carry on South along the
East coast.

Kees Oudesluijs