[Healeys] car dies at idle

i erbs eyera3000 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 09:15:25 MDT 2016

Now that I seem to have sorted the ignition issue I have another problem.
After driving the car for a while and I stop at a light, my car begins to
drop rpms and will then die if I do not blip the gas. Rebuilt carb, and
distributor, new plugs and ignition bits. Could a manifold leak cause this?
3 AM thoughts on the problem. I'm going to try the brake fluid spray on the
manifold trick to see if the engine changes sounds while idling.
Cheers
Ira Erbs
Portland,OR
          BT7 engine and disk brakes
*Aerodynamics are for people who can’t build engines.* – *Enzo Ferrari*
Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled words