[Healeys] Fuel pump flustered

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 29 04:02:07 MDT 2016

Keith,

Which SU fuel pump are we taking about? The one way valve discs Len
mentioned can be plastic or metal; depends on the model.

The pump will run faster than normal when there's a leak in the system.
  It can be on the inlet, outlet, or internal.

As Bob said, if the pump stops clicking when sucking fuel from a bucket,
then you can rule out the internal and outlet leaks.

You checked the carb throats - they're dry?

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 MkI registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php