[Healeys] Fuel pump flustered

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Wed Sep 28 23:07:26 MDT 2016

Keith,
Check the suction line from tank to pump. The pump is probably sucking air. This is the reason for the fast clicking.

Josef Eckert
Germany

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: [Healeys] Fuel pump flustered
Datum: 2016-09-29T04:32:13+0200
Von: "llennep at verizon.net" <llennep at verizon.net>
An: "healeys at autox.team.net" <healeys at autox.team.net>

Listers,

This one has really got me stumped.  A couple weeks ago went on a 40 or so mile ride.  Car ran great.  No probs.  At one point I was stopped and I could hear the fuel pump clicking away, 3-4 clicks per second.  This was true whether at idle or higher rpm.  I knew that normally at idle there was an occasional click.

Once back home I restarted the car and same thing.  Then over several days I attempted to fix the prob.  A different pump gave the same results.  I replaced the filter and still same thing.  Oh BTW there was no fuel underneath as is the case when a float needle is stuck and fuel comes out the overflow.  No fuel shows up anywhere.

Why does the pump continue to click so fast?????  Why does it NOT slow to an occasional click?????  What is the fix????  I am flustered.

Keith
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums