[Healeys] Fuel pump flustered

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Wed Sep 28 20:51:27 MDT 2016

The pump speeds up like that from lack of fuel.  You might have something blocking the pickup in the tank.Mike MacLean56 BN260 AN5

    On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:25 PM, "llennep at verizon.net" <llennep at verizon.net> wrote:

 Listers,

This one has really got me stumped.  A couple weeks ago went on a 40 or so mile ride.  Car ran great.  No probs.  At one point I was stopped and I could hear the fuel pump clicking away, 3-4 clicks per second.  This was true whether at idle or higher rpm.  I knew that normally at idle there was an occasional click.

Once back home I restarted the car and same thing.  Then over several days I attempted to fix the prob.  A different pump gave the same results.  I replaced the filter and still same thing.  Oh BTW there was no fuel underneath as is the case when a float needle is stuck and fuel comes out the overflow.  No fuel shows up anywhere.

Why does the pump continue to click so fast?????  Why does it NOT slow to an occasional click?????  What is the fix????  I am flustered.

Keith
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums