[Healeys] BJ8 engine

John Vrugtman javrugtman at htcnet.org
Tue Sep 27 08:07:47 MDT 2016

Here is a little more info on the engine.  I do not know its' history,
acquired 20 some years ago with other parts. Bore looks stock at 3.28"
and does not look scored.  Includes 2 extra piston sets, std and 20 over
that are used but good.  Has manifolds and all major parts, including a
good rebuilt rocker assy, welded up oil pan.  Cam may be issue, as it is
a Elgin regrind that I used for a while, but did not like it, had poor
low rpm power.  Engine # is 29K/RU/H 311.  Tag was taken off to prepare
for cleaning that I didn't do.  Number indicates very early BJ8 engine.
Jim mentioned $500 for one he sold, sounds OK to me.

John