[Healeys] Healey Cars total

John Sims ahbn6 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 26 08:28:55 MDT 2016

It used to be rather common for major automobile manufacturers to build the chassis and drive trains only and then turn them over to a coach builder for the body. The Fisher Body Co, built bodies for Abbot, Buick, Cadillac, Chalmers, Chandler, Chevrolet, Curchfield, Elmore, EMF, Ford, Packard, Studebaker and a bunch of other car makes. There used to be an oval nameplate on the driver’s side sill saying “Body by Fisher” on those that they finished. I had an 1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass with this name plate. For years they were a subsidiary of General Motors who fully absorbed them and discontinued the “Body by Fisher in the 70’s or 80’s or so. Thus the Healeys having Jenson build the bodies was apparently normal for the industry.

John Sims

Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com