[Healeys] Healey Cars total

sebring3000 sebring3000 sebring3000 at bigpond.com
Mon Sep 26 07:00:45 MDT 2016

    As Patrick has said there are a number of cars that are not included
in the Austin/BMC numbers.
    I have two cars that there are no heritage certificates available as
they did not leave the MG assembly line as Austin Healeys.  Both have
'DONALD HEALEY MOTOR CO. ' CHASSIS PLATES and have Geoff Healeys
endorsement.
Would you question whether they are genuine Healey cars?

Joe

Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey Cars total

Hello

It should be remembered that as far as Healey cars are concerned that
the Donald Healey Motor Company did not make complete cars.

They made rolling chassis where the bodywork were fitted by outside
coachbuilding firms or contractors.

In total 1,287 Healey cars were built between October 1946 through to
last Nash-Healeys and Tickfords. This does not include the last Le Mans
Healeys of the late 1960s and 1970 of which there was just a handful.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia