[Healeys] Convertible Top.

michael.salter at gmail.com michael.salter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 06:47:56 MDT 2016

Hi Bob,

I think that what you are contemplating would be very difficult.

I know of one roadster that has been converted to a convertible but the modifications involved replacing the front and  rear shrouds, the door hinge posts, the doors, the upper surface of the scuttle and the doors.

Mounts for the top frame were required and of course the convertible windshield assembly had to be fitted.

Definitely something requiring serious commitment.

Michael S

BN1 #174

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 3:12 AM -0400, <rd_parker at juno.com> wrote:

Dear Listers,

I own a 1961 BT7 3000 Mk I, four-seater version, which was fitted with
the factory hardtop. I like the hard top, but I would like to fit the car
for a convertible top. Is that feasible? I know that the Mark II's came
out with a convertible top, which I believe, became the standard. Has
anyone out there fitted a convertible top to a BT7 four-seater? If so, I
would love to hear from you. I am guessing that because the BT7's prior
to the change over did not have roll up windows, that there might be some
problems arising from the fit of the sliding winows to the convertible
top. Please correct me if I am in error.

Thanks for any help or advice,

Bob in Bellflower, CA.
1961 BT7 under restoration.

Forget Botox - Do This Once Daily