[Healeys] Steering box

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 10:47:15 MDT 2016

I followed the Corn Grease(?) thread with interest and bought some.

Now, I'm trying to loosen the 4 bolts on the steering box's front face in
order to permit the oil to ooze all over my workshop.

I've loosened off the bolts until they're just short of coming out and hey
presto...not a drop! Who'd believe it? Plainly, I've prised the thing
forward and still nothing oozes.

Question:- if I remove the 4 bolts and ease the front plate off, will the
whole thing fly apart like some demented Swiss watch? Or will it come off
and just be a PITA to replace??

(Or both??!!)

Simon